About the Job
Interested in joining a high-growth software-as-a-service (SaaS) business in an entrepreneurial environment? RXA is a Growth Marketing Technology company fueled by data science and applied artificial intelligence. We are looking for a client facing director of data science who is excited to lead a team of data scientists, and develop new products and solutions. This role is perfect for a creative problem solver with a vison of how to harness the power of data to help clients make informed decisions.
What You’ll Do
A Data Science Director is a member of senior management who determines strategy and leads teams.
- Lead a function and manage a moderately sized team, responsible for executing strategy.
- Direct data science teams to complete all project deliverables.
- Guide team members in how best to utilize large data sets to help the team find opportunities for optimization and suggesting advanced models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Own client relationships.
- Create the stories which drive business results with their data-based insights and work directly with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
- Communicate analytics model behavior/results to businesses.
- Provide recommendations for plans, programs, strategies, policies, and budgets.
- Design of algorithms that require different models/methods to be used together.
- Drive data quality throughout the organization.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Master’s degree in quantitative field or MBA strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of business experience including people management experience and experience with strategy consulting or on strategy teams in large companies.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of advanced statistical, machine learning, and/or data mining techniques and the associated analytically oriented programming languages such as Python and R.
- Experience in developing and managing complex projects, leading an interdisciplinary team to achieve project goals.
- The ability to provide mentorship and guidance for the efficient and technical development of the members of your team.
- Experience with advanced quantitative and statistical analysis skills to solve business problems and provide practical business insight using data and a quantitative/scientific approach.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to relate with and supervise teams, as well as to communicate technical content and analytical insights/complex findings in a clear and concise manner to multiple audiences, including senior management.
Who We Are
RXA is a collaborative, inclusive, and welcoming culture. You can take pride in working for the employer of choice in the communities where we do business. You’ll participate in a culture that treats all employees with respect, encourages their growth and development, and rewards excellence. Your thoughts and ideas are welcome here. We want to hear every fresh approach and new experience. If you find that appealing, then RXA could be the place for you.